• Using test-driven software development in a team-based environment, planning and tracking software development tasks under Agile project management and Git source control.
• Designing advanced software from scratch using object-oriented development design patterns and strategies
• Using a web application framework that ties a database back-end to an HTML web-based front-end.
• Consuming, creating, and securing REST APIs
• Working knowledge of SQL and noSQL databases
• Creating applications using Linux and open-source software
• Developing test plans, developing and executing automated test scripts, and fixing software bugs
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact well with stakeholders, project leaders, senior management, and team members
• BS Degree in computer science or related field with minimum 5+ years experience
• Experience with Python, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB are preferred
• Experience with Docker, Puppet, Ansible are preferred
• Experience with Selenium, Mapbox API, GeoJSON, GIS, Java Spring, MVC, JSP are preferred